The Singapore government has invited Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath for the World Cities Summit – 2020 (WCS) which scheduled to held from July 5 to 9 this year.
- The WCS is being organized alongside the Singapore International Water Week and the CleanEnviro Summit Singapore, as part of the Singapore Sustainability Week.
- The Singapore government stated that the theme of WCS – 2020 is ”Livable and Sustainable Cities: Adapting to a Disrupted World” in which there will be discussions about how cities can cope with climate change, social shifts and technological disruptions with confidence.
- The 2018 event was attended by 44 ministers, 133 mayors and city leaders from all over the world. Also, 1100 companies and over 24,000 participants from all over the world participated in the event and business deals worth USD 26 billion were announced.
World Cities Summit
- The World Cities Summit is an exclusive platform held biennially in Singapore and brings together government leaders and industry experts from around the world to address pressing challenges, share practical solutions and forge valuable partnerships.
- The World Cities Summit started in 2008 and is into its 7th edition in 2020. The annual WCS Mayors Forum started in 2010 and is into its 11th edition in 2020, while the annual WCS Young Leaders Symposium started in 2014 and is into its 7th edition.