Mahindra & Mahindra has made a big announcement in the war against the coronavirus. The company has said that it can offer ventilator at a mere Rs 7,500, which is now worth about Rs 10 lakh.
- At present, ventilators are available in hospitals in the country. This is due to the high price, while it is very important to save the lives of patients infected with the coronavirus.
- The company has said that it hopes to present the prototype of the automated valve mask ventilator, commonly known as the Ambu bag, for approval in three days.
- Earlier, Mahindra & Mahindra managing director Pawan Goenka said that the company is working with two large PSUs and an existing ventilator manufacturing company to produce it on a large scale. He tweeted, “On the one hand, we are working with two large PSUs and one existing ventilator unit to make the design easier and produce on a large scale. Our engineers are working with them. ‘
- Anand Mahindra said, “We are working on an automated version of bag valve mask ventilator (commonly called Ambu bag). We hope that in 3 days it will be ready for approval. Once it is sealed, it will be made available to all for manufacturing.
- A ventilator is a machine that helps the patient to breathe. For this, a tube is inserted into the respiratory tract through a small cut in the mouth, nose or throat. It is also called mechanical ventilation. This is a life support treatment. Mechanical ventilation is required when a patient is not able to breathe automatically in a natural way. It also has many other names such as – breathing machine or respirator or mechanical ventilator, etc.