To augment Nation’s fight against the spread of CoViD-19, the Indian Navy has set up a Quarantine Camp at INS Vishwakarma in Eastern Naval Command (ENC) for Indian nationals being evacuated from CoViD-19 affected countries.
- The evacuated personnel in the camp will be closely monitored to ensure Social Distancing and under medical supervision by the protocols laid down by the Department of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of India by a team of naval personnel and medical professionals of ENC.
- As a precautionary measure, the evacuated persons would be kept under quarantine for fourteen days. ENC is proactively coordinating with the Health Officials from State and District Administration to ensure adequate preventive care is provided to all evacuated personnel and to prevent the spread of the virus.
- The government of India is taking all necessary steps to ensure that we are prepared well to face the challenge and threat posed by the growing pandemic of COVID 19 – the Corona Virus. With the active support of the people of India, we have been able to contain the spread of the virus in our country.
For this Govt issues guideline for home quarantine for confirmed cases of coronavirus
- Health Ministry has issued guidelines for home quarantine for Corona Virus confirmed case. Detection of a travel-related or unrelated suspect case of novel Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) will be followed by the rapid isolation of such cases in designated health facilities.
- The home quarantined person should stay in a well-ventilated single room preferably with an attached or separate toilet. If another family member needs to stay in the same room, it is advisable to maintain a distance of at least one meter between the two.
- He/She needs to stay away from elderly people, pregnant women, children, and persons with co-morbidities within the household. Ministry has advised under no circumstances the coronavirus affected person should attend any social or religious gathering like wedding and condolences.
- He/She should also follow the public health measures at all times like wash hands as often thoroughly with soap and water or with alcohol-based hand sanitizer. The affected person should wear a surgical mask at all the time and it should be changed every 6 to 8 hours and disposed off.