21. Which one of the following is not an insect borne disease?
CDS Exam (I) 2007
22. Which of the following nutrients is not a structural component of the plant?
CDS Exam (II) 2009
23. Dim-vision in the evening and night results from the deficiency of which one of the following?
CDS (II) 2018
24. The persons working in textile factories such as carpet weavers are exposed to which of the following occupational diseases?
(b) Asthma and tuberculosis
CDS (I) 2016
25. Which one among the following kinds of organisms resides in the roots of pulse plants to do nitrogen fixation?
CDS Exam (I) 2008
26. Cloves, used as a spice, are derived from which of the following plant parts?
(c) Flower buds
(d) Young leaves
CDS (I) 2010
27. The characterisitic odour of garlic is due to which one of the following?
(b) Fluorine-containing compounds
(c) Nitrogen-containing compounds
(d) Sulphur-containing compounds
CDS (II) 2015
28. What does airbag, used in safety of car driver, contain?
(b) Sodium azide
(c) Sodium nitrite
(d) Sodium peroxide
CDS (I) 2011
29. Which colour of heat radiation represents the highest temperature?
(b) Dark cherry
CDS Exam (I) 2013
30. Which one of the following is correct? A concrete wall generally?
(a)only reflects sound
(b) only absorbs sound
(c) only transmits sound
(d) absorbs and transmits sound
CDS (I) 2017
31. Assertion (A): Red blood cells burst when placed in water.
Reason (R): Due to osmosis, water enters into red blood cells.
(a)Both A and R are true and R is the correct explanation of A
(b) Both A and R are true, but R is not the correct explanation of A
(c) A is true, but R is false
(d) A is false, but R is true
CDS (II) 2015
32. In human body, what is the number of cervical vertebrae?
CDS (I) 2019
33. The terms lubb and dubb relates to which one of the following?
CDS Exam (I) 2012
34. In normal adult human, what is the rate of heart beat per minute?
CDS (I) 2007
35. Which one of the following is considered as the easily digestible source of protein?
(c) Fish flesh
(d) Red meat
CDS (II) 2009
36. Which of the following plants is not capable of manufacturing its own food?
CDS Exam (II) 2018
37. Which one of the following is responsible for converting milk into curd?
(d) None of these
CDS Exam (I) 2016
38. Which one of the following is a major constituent of biogas?
(d) Nitrogen dioxide
CDS (I) 2008
39. Which chamber of human heart pumps fully oxygenated blood to aorta and thence to the body?
(b) Left auricle
(c) Right ventricle
(d) Left ventricle
CDS (II) 2010
40. By using which one of the following techniques, is DNA fingerprinting done?
(c) Northern Blotting
(d) Southern Blotting
CDS Exam (II) 2015