Environmental activist Greta Thunberg, who holds powerful countries responsible for issues such as climate change and global warming, says she and her father, Swante Thanberg, are infected with the coronavirus. She has gone into isolation with her father and is appealing to people to stay in homes.
- In an interview with New Scientist, Greta (17) showed signs of Kovid 19. These symptoms have appeared after travelling on the train together in Europe. However, she insists that she has not been tested because she is only being tested in Sweden, which is showing severe symptoms and is more vulnerable to them.
- This 16-year-old environmental activist from Sweden, who voiced climate change, was declared Time magazine’s ‘Person of the Year 2019’.
Environmental activist Greta Thonberg
- Greta Thonberg, who lives in Sweden, the world’s seventh-richest and thriving country, has been on an aggressive campaign against global warming for the past year and the result of her efforts is that the number of air travellers to her country is 8 percent of what it was last year. Has decreased.
- Born on 3 January 2003 in Stockholm, Greta’s mother is an international opera singer Malena Eman, while father Swante Thanberg is also a well-known name in the world of acting.
- She is a little girl to say but knocks on every stage to save the world from environmental danger. Greta, who is on leave from school and starting a sit-in demonstration in front of Sweden’s parliament, rebukes top leaders of the world from the UN forum for ruining the environment and then the next moment she warns them of the danger Appeals to take concrete steps.
- In 2018, at the age of 15, Greta took leave from school and performed in front of Sweden’s Parliament. He had a large plank in his hand, which inscribed ‘School Strike for Climate’ in big letters. On seeing this, her campaign gained momentum and children of many schools became Greta’s side in this campaign of environmental protection.
- This year Greta Thonberg was nominated for the 2019 Nobel Peace Prize. If Greta had won this award, she would have become the youngest winner of the Nobel Peace Prize. Earlier, Malala Yousafzai won the Nobel Peace Prize at the age of 17 in 2014.