CLAT 2018 Solved Question Paper PDF: We are giving 50 questions with answers of GK and Current Affairs asked in Common Law Admission Test, 2018 (Held on 13-5-2018). These all questions will very helpful to you for the upcoming government competitive exams and will increase your intelligence skills.
1. Who wrote the memoir book ‘My History’?
(A) Dr. G. Madhavan Nair (B) Stephen Hawking
(C) Angeline Merkel (D) Rosalind Franklin
2. What is the Motto of the Commonwealth Games 2018?
(A) People, Place, Passion (B) Share the dream
(C) Come out and play (D) United by the moment
3. The 2024 Summer Olympic will be held in Paris, France for the third time. How many years before that, did the city host the Summer Olympic for the second time?
(A) 100 years (B) 96 years
(C) 92 years (D) 99 years
4. Who won the Men’s Singles title in Australian Open 2018?
(A) Dylan Alcott (B) R. Nadal
(C) Roger Federer (D) Marin Cilic
5. In which election was the Electronic Voting Machines tried out on an experimental basis in India?
(A) The 1982 Kerala Legislative Assembly Elections
(B) The Karnataka State for the 1984, Legislative Assembly Elections.
(C) The U.P. State for the 1989, Lok Sabha Elections
(D) The 1987, Delhi Corporation Election in Karol Bagh constituency
6. Recently a star, Icarus was seen by NASA’s Hubble Space Telescope. What is the approximate time taken by Icrus’ light to reach the Earth?
(A) Nine billion years (B) Ten million years
(C) Seven trillion years (D) One hundred years
7. Who won the first Gold Medal for India at the Commonwealth Games 2018?
(A) Punam Yadav (B) Mirabai Chanu
(C) Jitu Rai (D) Sanjita Chanu
8. Who is the first Indian to hold the post of Deputy Director General for Programmes at the World Health Organisation?
(A) Rasha Orner (B) Vijayalakshmi Pandit
(C) Soumya Swaminathan (D) Kiran Bedi
9. Who is the first female fighter pilot of India?
(A) Punit Arora (B) Avani Chaturvedi
(C) Mitali Madhumita (D) Priya Jhingan
10. The Reserve Bank of India issued the 100 rupee coin to mark the birth centenary of which Carnatic Music Legend?
(A) Dr. Balamurli Krishna (B) Dr. M.S. Subbulakshmi
(C) Muthuswami Deekshithar (D) Chembai VaidunathaBhagavathar
11. Which type of mango from Andhra Pradesh received a Geographical Indication (GI) Tag in 2017?
(A) Alphonso (B) Banganapalle
(C) Totapuri (D) Himsagar
12. The International Day of the Girl Child is observed by the UN on–
(A) March 8 (B) August 12
(C) October 16 (D) October 11
13. Where is the temple of Angkor Wat located?
(A) Singapore (B) Cambodia
(C) Thailand (D) Indonesia
14. Which one of the following States lifted the Santosh Football title 2018?
(A) Kerala (B) Punjab
(C) Karnataka (D) Uttar Pradesh
15. IRDA stands for:
(A) Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority
(B) International Resources Development Agency
(C) Indian Roads Development Authority
(D) Indian Rural Development Authority
16. The first Defence Minister of India was–
(A) KM. Cariappa (B) V. K Krishna Menon
(C) Baldev Singh (D) Kailash Nath Katju
17. Who is the legendary figure who won both a Noble Prize and an Oscar?
(A) Satyajit Ray (B) William Goldman
(C) Gabriel Garcia Marquez (D) George Bernard Shaw
18. The discipline that deals with map making are known as–
(A) Cryptography (B) Carpology
(C) Cartography (D) Lithography
19. The prize established, based on a donation from the Sveriges Riksbank in memory of Alfred Nobel, is the–
(A) Prize in Medicine (B) Prize in Economic Sciences
(C) Peace Prize (D) Prize in Literature
20. What is the significance of May 13, 1952 with regard to Indian polity?
(A) First sitting of the Lok Sabha
(B) First sitting of the Rajya Sabha
(C) First sitting of the Supreme Court of India
(D) Formation of the Election Commission of India
21. Which among the following is the earliest literary work in Tamil language?
(A) Manimegalai (B) Silappadikaram
(C) Thirukkural (D) Tolkappiyam
22. Who has been appointed in 2018 as the Principal Scientific Advisor to the Government of India?
(A) S.N. Joshi (B) Rakesh Aggarwal
(C) K Vijay Raghavan (D) Vinod Kumar
23. Escape velocity of a rocket fired from the earth towards the moon is a velocity to get rid of the–
(A) Centripetal force due to Earth’s revolution
(B) Earth’s gravitational pull
(C) Centripetal force due to Earth’s rotation
(D) Moons gravitational pull
24. From which animal is catgut usually made of?
(A) Sheep (B) Camel
(C) Cat (D) Rabbit
25. Who wrote the book’ Der Ursprung der Familie, des Privat eigenthums und des Staats/The Origin of the Family, Private Property, and the State?
(A) Friedrich Engels (B) Lewis H. Morgan
(C) Karl Marks (D) Friedrich Carl von Savigny
26. Name the part of the human body reclassified as an organ due to research conducted in the past decade.
(A) Alimentary (B) Mesentery
(C) Epithelium (D) Spleen
27. The World’s first ‘negative emissions’ power plant has been built in–
(A) Iceland (B) Poland
(C) Finland (D) China
28. Which platform has been launched by the Union Government on the occasion of the 2018 International Women’s Day?
(A) Women Enterpreneurship Platform (B) Women Combat Platform
(C) Women Power Platform (D) Women Literacy Platform
29. Who is the author of ‘The Coalition Years 1996-2012’?
(A) Manmohan Singh (B) Pratibha Patil
(C) Sharad Pawar (D) Pranab Mukherjee
30. What does ‘NIT!’ in Niti Ayog stand for?
(A) National Invitation to Invest in India
(B) New India Transformation Initiative
(C) National Institution for Transforming India
(D) Nayi India Turant India
31. In commemoration of which of the following events, is May 1 celebrated in many places as the ‘International Workers’ Day?
(A) The Haymarket Affair, Chicago
(B) Foundation Day of International Labour Organisation
(C) Commencement of the First International Labour Conference
(D) Concluding Day of the Russia Revolution
32. The National Social Security Board functioning under the Ministry of labour and Employment is meant for recommending formulation of social security schemes for :
(A) Industrial workers (B) Women and Children
(C) Government employees (D) Unorganised workers
33. The scarcity definition of economics is credited to–
(A) Alfred Marshall (B) Lionel Robbins
(C) Adam Smith (D) Dennis Robertson
34. Name the digital payment app introduced by Google in 2017 for India–
(A) BHIM (B) Tez
(C) Citrus Pay (D) Mobikwik
35. Which of the following countries runs bullet trains with the highest operational speed?
(A) China (B) Germany
(C) South Korea (D) USA
36. Who became the Chief Justice of the Federal Court of India on 14 August 1947?
(A) Maurice Gwyer (B) Patanjali Shastri
(C) H.J. Kania (D) Srinivas Varadachariar
37. In which country outside India has the Energy Efficiency Services Limited, under the Ministry of Power, Government of India, launched the UJALA scheme in 2017?
(A) Malaysia (B) Srilanka
(C) Indonesia (D) Maldives
38. Which is the organisation that initiates and presents the National Awards in India?
(A) Film and Television of India
(B) Central Board of Film Certification
(C) Directorate of Film Festivals
(D) Prasar Bharati
39. In 2017, eBay India was merged with which of the following Companies?
(A) Flipkart (B) Alibaba
(C) Naaptol (D) Snap deal
40. The world’s first fully Solar-powered Airport is :
(A) Cochin International Airport
(B) Shanghai Pudong International Airport
(C) Dubai International Airport
(D) Singapore Changi Airport
41. The winner of the Jnanpith Award 2017 is–
(A) G. Sankara Kurup (B) Shankha Ghosh
(C) Raghuvir Chaudhari (D) Krishan Sobti
42. What do the paintings of Ajanta caves primarily depicts?
(A) Ramayana (B) Panchatantra
(C) Jataka Tales (D) Mahabharata
43. Which country joined as the eight members of the South Asia Sub-regional Economic Cooperation (SASEC) in February 2017?
(A) Myanmar (B) Nepal
(C) Bhutan (D) Bangladesh
44. What is the theme of the 2018 World Wildlife Day?
(A) Stop wildlife crime
(B) Listen to the young voices
(C) Big cats: predators under threat
(D) The future of wildlife is in our hands
45. In which athletics event did Bob Beamon hold the world record for 23 years?
(A) Triple Jump (B) High Jump
(C) Long Jump (D) Steeple Chase
46. Which State government has come up with a Water ATM Policy in April 2018?
(A) Haryana (B) Maharashtra
(C) Uttar Pradesh (D) Madhya Pradesh
47. The military operation which annexed Hyderabad into the Indian Union was code-named as–
(A) Operation Meghdoot (B) Operation Polo
(C) Operation Viraat (D) Operation Vijay
48. Which of the following movies won the Best Movie Oscar Award, 2018?
(A) The Shape Water (B) Call Me by Your Name
(C) Darkest Hour (D) Dunkirk
49. Who is the first woman Defence ministry of Independent India?
(A) Nirmala Sitharaman (B) Indira Gandhi
(C) Sushma Swaraj (D) Sheela Dixit
50. What is the motto of the Supreme Court of India?–
(A) Satyameva Jayate (B) Dharmo Rakshati Rakshitah
(C) Sarve Jana Sukhno Bhavanthu (D) Yato Dharmastato Jayah