On May 14, 2020, the ₹ 20 lakh crore economic package has been released by Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman in parts. The motivation for economic revival is focused on making India self-reliant. In this installment, there are announcements for migrant laborers, roadside stalls or street vendors, small traders, self-employed and small farmers. In the first installment, he announced schemes worth about Rs 6 lakh crore.
- The Finance Minister said that the government is also continuously working in lockdown. So far, 25 lakh new farmers credit cards have been given, help has been extended to 3 crore farmers. During Corona’s time, 63 lakh loans were sanctioned for the agricultural sector, amounting to Rs 86,600 crore.
- Apart from this, big relief has been given to small farmers under the package. The scheme of interest subvention on loans given to them has been extended till 31 May.
For migrant laborers
- Migrant laborers and the urban poor remain the subject of discussion. Right now we have helped very fast. We allowed states to use disaster relief. Through this, Rs 11,000 crore has been provided.
- Three-time meals are being arranged in the Selter Home. Apart from this, 12000 self-help groups have made 30 million masks during this disaster. 1.20 lakh liter sanitizer has been made. This has also provided employment in rural areas.
- Paisa Portal was started as a pilot project in Gujarat. Now it is being started all over the country. After March 15, about 7200 new self-groups have been formed in rural areas.
- As of May 13, 14.62 crore people were given work under MNREGA. Through this, about 10 thousand crore rupees have been helped. This time 40 to 50% of new people have been added as compared to last year.
- The average daily wages under MGNREGA have been increased from 182 to 202 rupees. Apart from this, states have also been advised to give jobs to laborers. MGNREGA workers will also be employed in the monsoon.
- New guidelines will be issued for women employees
- In addition to this, guidelines will be issued for women working on night shifts.
- All employees will get appointment letters.
- Will eliminate discrimination in minimum wages, annual health checkups of laborers.
Free ration to laborers for the next two months
All laborers will get food grains for the next 2 months. Those who do not have a ration card will get 5 kg of rice or wheat, 1 kg of gram for two months. This will help 8 crore laborers. The government will spend 2500 crores on this. The central government will spend on this scheme and ration distribution will be the responsibility of the states.
A new scheme will be introduced to provide laborers with low rent houses in other cities.
One Nation will bring One Ration Card
We are going to bring the ‘One Nation One Ration Card’ scheme. For this, a target has been set till March 2021. With this, laborers will get ration in any state. This will benefit about 67 crore people.
The government will provide laborers cheap houses on rent
A new scheme will be introduced to provide laborers with low rent in another state or city. Under this, Affordable Rental Housing Complexes will be built in cities with government funds.
Relief in interest in Mudra Shishu Loan
Those who come under the purview of Mudra Shishu Loan will be given relief from interest. The borrower of Mudra Shishu loan will be given a rebate of 2 percent in interest, for which the government has made a provision of 1,500 crore.
50 thousand crores for roadside stall or street vendors
The government has released Rs 50,000 crore for roadside stall or street vendors. It will benefit about 50 lakh street vendors. They will be given a loan of 10 thousand rupees within 1 month. These shopkeepers will have to make digital payments. This will also reward them.
For middle class
70 thousand crores for the housing sector
The government is extending the Credit Link Based Subsidy Scheme (MIG) till March 2021. This will benefit 2.50 lakh people of the middle class (whose annual income is from 6 lakh to 18 lakh). Employment will also arise. This will also increase the demand for steel, cement, and other products.
6000 crores released for providing employment to tribals-villagers
Tribals and tribals get employment. The government will release 6000 crores for this. This fund can be used by the state government in plantation, forest management, wild life-related construction in rural areas. This will generate employment in rural areas.